Hybrid Additive Manufacturing
About This Event
Join us on Wednesday 18th September 2019 for the Open Hybrid Final Event and find out how Hybrid Additive Manufacturing (AM) can offer a solution for a wide range of machine platforms and applications for small and large companies.
A key objective of OpenHybrid is to make integration of the hybrid system onto any machine tool platform as easy as possible. The ability of a machine tool to be hybridised will be termed hybrid ready. The concept of hybrid ready will be tested in the project on a CNC machine based platform and large gantry based platform.
- Increase the impact and uptake of hybrid AM technology for a wider range of machine tool platforms, process, materials and applications.
- Develop a single manufacturing system capable of producing large, high volume and complex components without the need for materials handling or post-processing.
- Develop an all-in-one hybrid additive and subtractive multi-tool platform using directed energy deposition (DED) additive manufacturing (known as cladding).
- Integrate a machining process to enable fully finished components to be produced.
- Can fit new part production or very effective repair technique.